1 Measurement Lab p. 1
Metric units: meter, gram, liter, centigrade. Prefixes (kilo, milli...; see Appendix 1, p. 198).
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN METRIC AND ENGLISH MEASUREMENTS
- Independent variable along horizontal (X, or abscissa) axis.
- Dependent variable along vertical (Y, or ordinate) axis.
Record student heights on board.
p. 2 Plot on a
(instead of scatter plot graph).
- SURFACE AREA/VOLUME
(Add l, h, w, on data sheet, near top of p. 6)
- Surface area of a box: SA = 2(lw + lh + wh)
- Volume of a box: lwh.
- MASS AND VOLUME RELATIONSHIP OF WATER p. 3
- Measure volume of 100 ml water in a beaker. (Hint: 1 ml = 1 cc)
- Measure mass (weight) of 100 ml water - measure from
- HEAT MEASUREMENT
Graph cold and warm water over time.
Record body temperatures on board. p. 4
- VOLUME BY DISPLACEMENT